- Was established in the year 1955 by late Devananda Bhorali a freedom fighter and who was regarded as the pioneer of vocational training in the North Eastern Region.
- During the long history of the institute it has trained over 15000 students who are mostly from the economically weaker sections of the society.
- Initially we started off with 2 courses (Typewriting and Stenography). In course of time we introduced Information Technology Courses, Banking and Accounting courses, Management, Stock Market, Secretarial Practice, English Speaking Courses and Certificate Course in Taxation. At present we are offering 24 courses in varied fields.
- It was registered under the Society Registration Act 1860.
- The Institute was the recipient of non recurring grant in aid from the Directorate of Employment and Craftsmen Training from 1962-69.
- Government of Assam deputed its employees from different Government offices to this institute for training in Assamese and English Typewriting under the Official Language Implementation Act.
- KCVT was selected for RI classes under Apprenticeship Act 1961 sponsored by the Directorate of National Apprenticeship Training, Government of India.
- Conducted pre-examination training in Stenography and Typewriting for SC and ST students under the supervision of Sub divisional Welfare Officer, Government of Assam.
- Guwahati University conducted matriculation examination during the early 60’s and Board of Secondary Education selected this institute as venue for conducting practical examination in typewriting and stenography.
- Recently we made a tie up with the prestigious organisation British Council for promoting the IELTS course in Assam.We are one of the few registration cum training centre of IELTS approved by British Council In Assam.
- Government of India has given us the recognition and the honour as a REGISTERED VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROVIDER under the skills development Initiative programme under Directorate General Of Employment and Training (DGET), and Ministry of Labour and Employment. We provide training facilities in courses like Information and Technology, Banking & Accounting, Business and Commerce, Soft Skills.
College of Vocational Training has been chosen to conduct Skill
Development Programmes on Office Management & Secretarial Practice
by Indian Institute of Enterpreneurship. The programme has been
sponsored by Oil India Ltd. (OIL).
KAMRUP COLLEGE OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING
|KAMRUP COLLEGE OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING|
GNB Road opp. TC Girls' School, Guwahati Club, Guwahati-781003 (Assam)
Ph: 9854019269, 9954785010 : Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: http://www.kcvtghy.in
|Registered Vocatonal training Provider (VTP) under the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. of India. (Affiliated to NCVT & SCVT)|
|ABOUT THE FOUNDER OF THE INSTITUTE|
Late Devananda Bhorali, a freedom fighter, academician and social worker was regarded as the pioneer of vocational training in the north eastern region. He established Kamrup College of Vocational Training in the year 1955. He established the first commercial and vocational institute at Jorhat in the year 1931, followed by another institute at Nagaon in the year 1950. Late Bhorali also established Vocational Collegiate High School and National Telegraph Girls High School at Jorhat.
BACKGROUND OF THE ORGANIZATION